Tag : ADHD

Home/Posts Tagged ADHD (Page 6)

Memory Tips for the ADHD Brain, Part 1

I'm still a criminal. I admit it. In my dark, pre-ADHD-diagnosis past, I was a grand larcenist. But the only things I steal these days are magazines. From doctors' waiting rooms. And a while back, while waiting for my ADHD meds prescription, I took a five-finger discount on a report
Continue Reading

ADD and ADHD in Adults

A common ADHD myth holds that ADD and ADHD in adults is, um, a myth. Well, as mentioned in What Is ADD?, an estimated 60% of adults who suffered from Attention Deficit Disorder as children continue to suffer into adulthood. It’s believed that for the other 40%, the hormonal changes one
Continue Reading

The Risk-Taking Gene as Alternative ADHD Treatment

Having established in the last post that ADDers tend to possess the ADHD "risk-taking gene" – I suggested that there is a way to go beyond the inherent RISKS of having it (um, addiction, climbing high things, jumping off of high things, exceeding 160mph, etc.), to see its potential BENEFITS. The
Continue Reading

Risk-Taking, Stimulation and ADHD

We ADDers are said to possess the "risk-taking gene" – that bit of DNA that makes us chase stimulation beyond what would normally satisfy non-ADDers. The ADHD Gene In her book, Buzz: A Year of Paying Attention, author Katherine Ellison tracks her family history back to immigrants who couldn't help but seek
Continue Reading

Finding Alternative ADHD Treatment in Our Dark Past

I was interviewed a while back by Jeff Copper on Attention Talk Radio. They've on occasion done interviews with various folks called "behind the scenes" – a sort of "unplugged" version of the show where ADHD personalities can let loose with tales of the darker/funnier side of their ADD. My Undiagnosed
Continue Reading

ADD Treatment Options

There are many options for ADHD adults to mitigate their ADHD challenges. This provides a general outline of the treatment options out there. Let’s break them down into big chunks to make this topic as ADD-friendly as possible. There are basically three big chunks… 1. Medication This is a potentially powerful part of any ADD-crushing
Continue Reading

Shut-Up-A-You-Mind: A Powerful Natural ADD Remedy

Creativity and problem-solving have a path, or window, into and out of your brain. That window is quietness of the mind. Hmmmm. Sound impossible for our ADHD tribe? It's not. Mental fatigue is caused far less by work than by worry, frustration and resentment, as Napoleon Hill once said. And creativity
Continue Reading